A giant, 6-ton potato will be visiting the giant fork in Pasadena this coming Tuesday October 16th from 11am to 6pm!
WHERE: 200 Bellefontaine, Pasdena
WHEN: October 16, 2012 – 11 am to 6 pm
WHY: To promote a major food drive in November
Photo credit – William Boyer – Pasadena Public Information Officer.
The Great Big Idaho® Potato Truck Fact Sheet
A 48-foot long flatbed trailer featuring a 28-foot long, 12-foot wide and 11.5-foot tall “Idaho® potato” specially “cultivated” in honor of the Idaho Potato Commission’s 75th anniversary year in 2012.
Purpose: To raise awareness about the Idaho Potato Commission’s 75th anniversary and invite fans to join in celebrating America’s favorite potatoes.
* The Great Big Idaho® Potato would take more than 10,000 years to grow.
* The Great Big Idaho® Potato weighs six tons (12,130 pounds), which is equal to 32,346 medium-sized Idaho® potatoes.
* The Great Big Idaho® Potato is 1,102 times heavier than the largest potato ever grown, which weighed 11 pounds.
* The Great Big Idaho® Potato would take 2 years and 9 months to bake.
* Pass the gravy! The Great Big Idaho® Potato would make 30,325 servings of mashed potatoes.
* It could make more than 1.4 million (1,455,570) average-sized fries!
Germination: It took close to one year to build The Great Big Idaho® Potato Truck.
Builders: Chris Schofield and Sharolyn Spruce, along with a few specialized contractors in Weiser, Idaho. The Kenworth Sales Company and Western Trailer, both in Boise, Idaho, also aided with the construction.
The Truck Tour: The truck debuted at Bronco Stadium, the home field of the Boise State University (BSU) Broncos, for the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl on December 17, 2011. The tour commences in spring 2012, visiting outdoor venues around the country.
Charity Partner: To help celebrate their 75th anniversary, the Idaho Potato Commission is sponsoring the Meals on Wheels Association of America (MOWAA), a national organization that serves over one million meals every day to seniors across the country.
Come on down to Pasadena and bring your kids for a great photo opp!
Interested in more information about Pasadena and surrounding cities, check out our City Guides below:
And, if you are interested in fun activities to do in Pasadena, take a look at our 365 Things To Do in Pasadena® page.
Thinking of selling your Pasadena area home? Interested in finding out the current market value of your single family home, condo or investment property? Then call Irina Netchaev at (626) 629-8439 to discuss what is happening in today’s Pasadena Real Estate Market.