Welcome to Monrovia, “Gem City of the Foothills” located at the base of the San Gabriel Mountains in east Los Angeles County. This beautiful city with historic homes and a popular Old Town has a strong sense of community. Established in 1886 and incorporated in 1887, it is one of the oldest cities in Los Angeles County. Recognizing the importance of the city’s history, local residents formed the Monrovia Historic Preservation Group to restore and preserve homes of architectural and historical significance. The group sponsors annual home tours and has an active membership of nearly 200 households. Set within 13.61 square miles, this lovely city has a population of 36,590, according to the 2010 Census. Local residents come together for the Family Festival, Street Fair and Farmer’s Market held on Friday evenings every March through December on Myrtle Avenue in the heart of Old Town. There is a chance you have caught a glimpse of this charming neighborhood in one of the many commercials, TV shows or movies filmed here. Popular movies have included Father of the Bride, Legally Blond and Academy-Award winning American Beauty.
Monrovia is located several miles east of Pasadena and approximately 20 miles northeast of Los Angeles. The expansion of the light rail and completion of the Gold Line station in 2015 will make commuting to these and neighboring cities even more convenient. This is a great location for families, couples and individuals interested in a slower-paced community with easy access to larger cities.
For those searching for homes to buy or rent, Monrovia offers newly developed town-home complexes and single-family homes including Victorian, Craftsman and Traditional. Listing prices range from $275,000 for approximately 1,000 sq. ft. units to near $2 million for historic and architecturally significant homes with approximately 5,000 sq. ft. There are also several homes available in the $550,000 range offering approximately 1,200 to 1,500 sq. ft. The quiet streets, picturesque foothills and thriving Old Town make this an ideal place live. It’s definitely worth a look!
For more information, please visit the city’s official website.
• The Upton Sinclair house is located in the area and is considered a National Historical Landmark.
• Monrovia is the fourth oldest city in Los Angeles County
• Home to the original Tommy’s fast food chain and the home base of Trader Joe’s
The Market Grill – See reviews on Yelp!
“Hidden gem,” “very fresh,” “amazing sandwiches and homemade soups,” and “ample parking” are a few words Yelpers are using to describe this mom and pop joint! Also, look out for their specialty bacon chocolate cookies that they bake up every Wednesday! These cookies sound like the perfect balance of salty and sweet for foodies looking for a delicious comfort treat.
Vege USA – See reviews on Yelp!
“Vegetarians go nuts for this spot.” – fellow Yelp review
This little vegan and vegetarian joint has the best tacos and wraps with prices starting from $1.50 per taco. They have a large selection of vegan meats tacos, tofu wraps, and veggie wraps. Their taquitos also seem to be a hit with a generous amount of avocados in a crispy taco shell!
Old Town Monrovia – See reviews on Yelp!
Check out Monrovia’s cute and charming old town where you can stroll by family owned boutiques, restaurants, and coffee shops. Every Friday night from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m., a few blocks from Old Town Monrovia, there is a farmer’s market where local food, vendors, various food trucks, and live music fill the streets. There is even a petting zoo to explore for a small $3 entrance fee!
Big Santa Anita Canyon – See Reviews on Trip Advisor!
Tackle one of the most challenging trails in Southern California. This hiking and biking trail peaks at Mount Wilson and weaves its way through Santa Anita Canyon. To experience nature through greenery, creeks, and waterfalls, check out this sweet escape from the city!
Krikorian Premiere Theatres Monrovia Cinema – See reviews on Yelp!
If you want a small theater experience with comfortable seating, a clean environment, and good service, this might be a great movie-going option! And for students everyday ticket prices are $9.50 with a student ID – a better discount than movie theaters like AMC).
Get your organic fruits & veggies and enjoy music at Monrovia’s Farmers’ Market during Friday Night Festival.
Time: 5 pm – 9 pm
Where: Myrtyle Avenue, Monrovia CA. (626) 408-8005, Ext 700. Email:[email protected]
Monrovia Homes, Condos and Townhouses For Sale
(Direct feeds from the Pasadena Foothill Association of Realtors CARETS – updated every few hours with new home listings)
- Monrovia Homes for Sale $300,000 to $400,000
- Monrovia Homes for Sale $400,000 to $500,000
- Monrovia Homes for Sale $500,000 to $600,000
- Monrovia Homes for Sale $600,000 to $700,000
- Monrovia Homes for Sale $700,000 to $800,000
- Monrovia Homes for Sale $800,000 to $900,000
- Monrovia Homes for Sale $900,000 to $1,000,000
- Monrovia Homes for Sale $1,000,000 to $1,500,000
- Monrovia Homes for Sale $1,500,000 to $2,000,000
- Monrovia Homes for Sale $2,000,000 to $2,500,000
- Monrovia Homes for Sale $2,500,000 to $3,000,000
- Monrovia Homes for Sale over $3,000,000
MONROVIA CONDOS AND TOWNHOMES FOR SALE:
- Monrovia Condos and Townhomes for Sale under $300,000
- Monrovia Condos and Townhomes for Sale $300,000 to $400,000
- Monrovia Condos and Townhomes for Sale $400,000 to $500,000
- Monrovia Condos and Townhomes for Sale $500,000 to $600,000
- Monrovia Condos and Townhomes for Sale $600,000 to $700,000
- Monrovia Condos and Townhomes for Sale $700,000 to $800,000
- Monrovia Condos and Townhomes for Sale $800,000 to $900,000
- Monrovia Condos and Townhomes for Sale $900,000 to $1,000,000
- Monrovia Condos and Townhomes for Sale $1,000,000 to $1,500,000
- Monrovia Condos and Townhomes for Sale over $1,500,000
Monrovia LAND FOR SALE
Monrovia CALIFORNIA INCOME PROPERTY FOR SALE
- Monrovia California Income Property For Sale
- Monrovia California Income Property Foreclosures for Sale