Summer is here and Make Music Pasadena 2015 is back to fill the city with the great sounds of talented artists! On Saturday, June 6 starting at 11am, six main stages and 30+ supporting venues will host more than 150 performances all over Pasadena. Make Music Pasadena is the largest free music event on the West Coast. For those who already live in Pasadena, we hope to see you all there and for those who are thinking of visiting the area we can only say – You won’t be disappointed!
The lineup for Make Music Pasadena has been released and more than 50,000 visitors are expected at this all-ages all-day event. There will be a wide variety of music genres so whether you like Rock, RnB, Indie Pop or Jazz you will surely find a performance that you will enjoy.
The main stages are:
- Old Pasadena Stage on historic Colorado Boulevard
- Playhouse District Stage presented by Hotel Constance dusitD2 pasadena with talent presented by SESAC
- Levitt Pavilion Stage at Memorial Park presented by Lincoln Property Company
- Bank of America’s Music Under the Stars featuring the Pasadena Symphony and POPS in Centennial Square at City Hall
- Vroman’s Jazz Stage hosted by the Los Angeles College of Music
- Paseo Colorado Stage featuring up and coming artists in the courtyard
You will get to experiences performances by How to Dress Well, Sir Sly, Kishi Bashi, Hundred Waters, Nick Waterhouse, Kaleo, Caroline Smith, Lydia Ainsworth, Avid Dancer, and many more. Find the full line up here.
There will be more than 30 supporting venues including art centers and restaurants that will offer various urban experiences both indoors and out. Some examples are:
- Armory Center for the Arts will offer family friendly music and kids free activities all day
- Old Towne Pub, in the same back alley location since 1973, is featuring more than 12 hours of music (presented by Sherpa Music MGMT, Delavie TV, One Question Sessions)
- The 35er Bar, also a Pasadena institution, will present various bands all day (presented by THRUST Drums).
- Club 54 brings back the Stars & Streetlamps Stage with an entire day of urban music (presented by Open Kanvas).
Make Music Pasadena is a very popular event attracting many visitors, so you might want to consider optional means of transportation to the location. There will be plenty of public and private parking options by the main stages. However, the organizers strongly encourage visitors to try the many convenient public transportation possibilities. For more information on how to visit the Make Music Pasadena event go to this link
WHAT: Make Music Pasadena
WHERE: Downtown Pasadena
WHEN: Saturday, June 6 between 11am – 11 pm
COST: FREE! or donate to support the event.