PLEASE NOTE: this post has not been updated for 2013!
Romance is in the air in Pasadena California!
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner and 365 Things To Do In Pasadena has come up with some romantic ideas to help you make this day the most romantic ever for your Pasadena Sweetheart!
Love is in the air – Valentines Day seems to turn everyone into a Romantic. Ladies are thankful that the pressure is on their significant others and guys… well you are just in panic mode over February 14th. Understandable! Because you still have not learned that you should not wait for Valentine’s Day to do something romantic for your lady! So… let’s make your lives a bit easier. Here are some ideas for Romantic Things To Do In Pasadena California this Valentines Day with your Pasadena Sweetheart!
South Pasadena Art Crawl
Saturday 2/11/12 from 5 pm to 9 pm – a three mile walk starting at Trader Joes’ on Mission in South Pasadena to Julienne’s in San Marino and back. You can eat, shop and get your exercise all at the same time. Don’t forget TJ’s for the best flowers.
1. Start at the corner of Grand and Meridan. Begin on the southern side of the street. Head east.
2. Stay on Mission, stopping and shopping as you see fit, for about a mile and a half.
3. When you get to Mission and El Molino in San Marino, turn around.
4. Head back, again, this time on the north side of the street. Stop and shop as needed to ensure a delightful Valentine’s Day for you and yours.
For more information, please visit www.southpasadena.net. South Pas Patch has a great Art Crawl Guide which you can find here.
Purveyors of fine wine, cheese, chocolate and pasta are some of the six stops on Six Taste’s “Indulgence” Valentine’s Food Tour of Beverly Hills. They’re offering the tours the weekends before and after Valentine’s Day.
When: Feb 11-12 and 18-19, 2012, 10 am and 2 pm
Where: fountain courtyard of the Beverly Canon Gardens at the Montage Beverly Hills
This biking scavenger hunt through Venice Beach is designed for teams of two to get to know each other’s intellectual side while enjoying a day out exploring. There are prizes for the top 3 teams. Bikes are available for rent, or you can bring your own.
When: February 11th & 12th, 11am, 12pm, 1:30pm, 2:30pm; February 14th, 3pm
Where: 1800 Ocean Front Walk , Venice , 90291
Cost: $25, advance reservation required
Info: www.outoftheboxevents.net (under Public Events, scroll down), (323) 799-1374
Offers a bit of intellectual raciness… 🙂
Celebrate Valentine’s Day with Watson Adventures on a Valentine’s Day scavenger hunt for nudity at LA County Museum of Art. Teams of two to six people will discover secrets hidden in works of art involving nudity while tackling witty, tricky questions. No knowledge of art – or nudity – is needed to succeed.
When: Feb 11, 2012, 5 pm
Where: Getty Center, 1200 Getty Center Drive, Los Angeles, CA 90049
Cost: $27, $24. student, advance reservation required
Continuing with the racy theme…
The Greater LA Zoo Association is inviting you to come out to the Zoo for a lighthearted “celebration of animal dating, mating and cohabitating” for Valentine’s Day. Zoo veteran Jason Jacobs will share insights about the pros and cons of relationships in the animal kingdom. Champagne and chocolate will be provided for the humans. An optional 5-course dinner is available. Reservations are required by February 8.
When: Sunday, Feb 12, 2012, 5 pm
Where: Witherbee Auditorium at the LA Zoo, 5333 Zoo Drive, Los Angeles, CA 90027
Cost: $35 per person, $25 for GLAZA members, Dinner is an additional $65 members/$75 non-members
Info: http://www.lazoo.org, (323) 644-4781
Go the traditional route:
- Cheval Blanc – “Le Menu Pour Les Amants” – 3 Course Valentines Day Prix Fixe $65 – Choose from Lobster, Sea Scallops or Prime Rib. Mais oui!
Most Romantic Dish: Chocolate Cognac Souffle for two
- The Green Street Tavern – Prix Fix Menu: $50 Per Guest, not including tax & gratuity. Choose from 4 starters, 5 entrees and 3 Dessert options!
- Maison Akira – offers a weekend Valentine’s prix fixe menu and a special Valentine’s Day menu with 3 available seating times: $100.00 per person food only $140.00 per person with wine pairing.
- The Raymond House – Indulge in love this Valentine’s Day with a 3 or 4 course feast for the senses lovingly assembled by Executive Chef, Tim Guiltinan. $65pp or $75pp.
- Ruth’s Chris Steak House – Valentine’s Day will be more memorable than ever when you bring that someone special to Ruth’s Chris and order a mouthwatering Filet and Lobster tail for just $44.95.
- Scarlet Tea Room – AM: Special Valentine’s Day Afernoon Tea Service | PM: Shareable Dinner and Valentine’s 4-Course Dinner with Live Jazz Music
Most Romantic Dish: New Zealand Lamb Rack
- Vertical Wine Bistro – Join Chef Laurent “Feed Your Heart and Soul Menu” Vertical Wine Bistro – Special Three Course Dinner $59.00. Roasted Rack of Lamb, Filet Mignon, Wild Roasted Salmon
On a budget? Romance is not about how much you spend, but the time you spend together. How about taking your Sweetheart to the Huntington Library and spend the day together walking hand in hand and enjoying the beautiful Japanese Gardens and the sense of wonder it brings to all. Or, maybe visit the botanic gardens of The Arboretum…
Free to spend a little more money and want to wow your Pasadena Sweetheart? How about reserving a room at The Langham and getting away from everything. Langham offers the following hotel and Valentine’s dinner packages:
Enjoy a romantic overnight stay and a luxurious breakfast in bed, to be enjoyed with your special someone. A truly enchanting way to celebrate Valentine’s Day!
Grand Romance Package includes:
• Deluxe accommodations for one night
• Rose petal turndown
• Breakfast in bed
• Valet parking
Package starts at $279 per night. And, if you are into the Ultimate Proposal Package, one lucky couple who can afford $80,000 for their “ultimate proposal” can get all of this:
• Rolls Royce transfer to and from hotel
• Bottle of KRUG, five dozen roses and chocolate covered strawberries
• Overnight accommodations in the Tournament of Roses Suite
• Three carat oval cut platinum diamond ring with half moon diamonds on each side from Asanti jewelers, valued at $70,000
• 80 minute in-room couples’ massage
• Private dinner for two in the Tournament of Roses suite, featuring an exclusive Tasting Menu from Top Chef Michael Voltaggio
• Flip video device to capture that special moment
• Rose petal turndown
• Breakfast in bed
Valid February 12, 13 or 14, 2010. Package Price: $80,000. For reservations, please dial (626) 568-3900.
Valid February 14, 2011
The Dining Room
Five Course Tasting Menu
• With wine pairings – $180 per person
• Without wine pairings – $110 per person
• Five course tasting menu with wine – $125 per person
• Five course tasting menu without wine – $95 per person
For reservation, please call (626) 585-6218.
The Tap Room
• The Pomegranate Pitcher is the perfect specialty drink to share with your sweetheart – available Valentine’s Day weekend
Money no object this Valentines Day? You want to purchase the truly unique and one of a kind Pasadena Valentine Gift? How about purchasing your Pasadena Sweetheart a romantic condominium in the heart of Pasadena’s South Lake Avenue District? Granite Park is one of the most luxurious new construction condo complexes available.
Diamond Ring – Ok, so you were thinking a little more along the lines jewelry instead of Real Estate in Pasadena. Understandable, but don’t forget me when it is time to buy or sell Real Estate in Pasadena California! Here are a few Pasadena Jewelry Stores where you might just find the perfect trinket for your Sweetheart:
- Tiffany & Co – 68 West Colorado Boulevard, Old Pasadena, CA 91105 (626) 793-7424
- City Jewelry – 445 E Colorado Blvd, Pasadena, CA 91101 (626) 449-9733
- The Gold Bug – 22 E Union St, Pasadena, CA 91103 (626) 744-9963
- Prestige Jewelry – 255 E Colorado Blvd, Pasadena, CA 91101 (626) 795-4468
Flowers are always a good touch and are always a good bet. Here are a few Florists in the area that would be able to create that bouquet to remember:
- Jacob Maarse – 655 East Green Street, Pasadena, California 91101 (626) 440-0246
- The Flower Garden – 60 E California Blvd, Pasadena, California 91105 (626) 683-7496
- Fleuretica – 188 N Holliston Ave, Ste 101, Pasadena, California 91106 (626) 797-4759
- Brad Larsen Florals -55 West Green Street, Pasadena, California 91105 (626) 792-6167
Chocolate is always a hit! Something sweet for your sweetheart, here are a few places that you can always get great candy from in Pasadena:
- Mignon Chocolatier – 6 East Holly Street, Pasadena, California 91105(626) 796-7100
- See’s Candies – 3641 E Foothill Blvd, Pasadena, California 91107 (626) 351-0121
- Leonida’s – 49 W Colorado Blvd, Pasadena, California 91105 (626) 577-7121
You absolutely can not go wrong with a gift certificate for relaxing massage!Or, maybe you can surprise her with a massage for two or a relaxing day at the spa:
- Huntington Spa at The Langham – 1401 South Oak Knoll Avenue, Pasadena, California (626) 585-6414
- Burke Williams – 39 Mills Place, Pasadena, California 91101 (626) 440-0202
- ProFitness Network – 183 East Glenarm, Pasadena, California 91105 (626)799-7243
Have a very HAPPY VALENTINE’S DAY Pasadena!