It’s Cheeseburger week in Pasadena from January 11th to the 16th! And, a perfect 365 Things To Do In Pasadena® event for locals and visitors alike! Forty eateries will be celebrating the creation of the cheeseburger and will be providing delectable offerings, specials and priceless fun.
The cheeseburger is quintessentially the highest esteemed delicacies ever created in American culinary arts. There will be countless variations of the cheeseburger, in terms of style and toppings, next week because of its versatile design. The cheeseburger was even famously concocted here in Pasadena at the burger stand “The Rite Spot,” in 1924. Lionel Sternberger, the creator and mastermind of the cheeseburger, was said to have been experimenting with the idea of placing cheese on top of a hamburger. Little did he know, he was not only creating a new trend, but a culture and benchmark for the culinary world.
So, come out to Pasadena this coming week with your friends, family or co-workers and enjoy the un-surpassing artistry and affluent passion of cheeseburgers that these eateries will provide! You can create your own crawl with these forty eateries or follow the traditional route! Just don’t forget to enjoy the evening with a drink and some fries as well!
The Traditional Pasadena Cheeseburger Crawl:
- Start at Pie ‘n Burger at 913 East California for a burger recognized nationwide as one of the best.
- A couple of blocks up Lake Avenue, stop in for a burger at Dupar’s at 214 South Lake Avenue.
- Stop by Jakes Pasadena at 38 West Colorado in Old Pasadena, then
- Finish up at Clearman’s Galley at 7215 Rosemead Boulevard (just south of Huntington Drive). They have a full bar, as well.
Here are all of the participants for the 2015 Cheeseburger Week in Pasadena California and the gamut of burgers they each serve (click on the name to go to the web page, click on the menu item for the full restaurant burger menu):
- a/k/a Bistro
- Big Daddy’s Fire Grill
- BJ’s Restaurant and Brewhouse
- Brookside Golf Club (lunch only)
- Cameron’s Seafood
- Central Park Restaurant
- Clearman’s Galley
- The Counter
- Del Frisco’s Grille
- Dog Haus
- Dog Haus Biergarten
- El Portal Restaurant
- Gale’s (lunch only)
- Green Street Restaurant
- Grill 168 at the Hilton Pasadena
- iPic Theaters (Salt Lounge)
- Jake’s Pasadena
- Kings Row Gastropub
- La Grande Orange Cafe
- Lucky Baldwin’s Delirium Pub and Cafe
- Lucky Baldwin’s Pub
- Lucky Baldwin’s Trappiste Pub and Cafe
- Meat District Company
- Melt It! a grilled cheese company
- Pie ‘n Burger
- Pita Jungle
- POP Champagne & Dessert Bar
- Real Food Daily
- Robin’s Wood Fire BBQ
- Rounds Premium Burgers
- Ruth’s Chris Steak House – Happy Hour menu
- Slater’s 50/50
- Trattoria Neapolis
- Twohey’s Restaurant
- Umami Burger
- Vertical Wine Bistro
- Villa Sorriso
- Whole Foods Market Arroyo Parkway
- Yahaira’s Cafe
For address, menu and special offer information visit www.pasadenarestaurantweek.com. Let us know which cheeseburger you like the best!