Global Finance magazine has released its annual ranking of the World’s Safest Banks on September 4, 2008. The World’s Safest Banks were selectred through a comparison of the long-term credit ratings and total assets of the 300 largest banks around the world. Ratings from Moody’s, Standard & Poor’s and Fitch were used.
This is the 16th year that Global Finance has published its list of the world’s largest banks ranked by their creditworthiness.
The 10 banks at the top of the list are designated as the “World’s Safest Banks“. There’s only one American bank on the list – Wells Fargo. It’s listed as #9 on the list. In 2007, it ranked #8 in the same category.
Top 10 “World’s Safest Banks” List:
- Groupe Caisse des Depots (CDC) – France
- Bank Nederlandse Gemeenten (BNG) – Netherlands
- Landwirtschaftliche Rentenbank – Germany
- Rabobank – Netherlands
- Landeskreditbank- Baden-Wuerttemberg-Forderbank – Germany
- Lloyds TSB – United Kingdom
- BNP Paribas – France
- Dexia – Belgium
- Wells Fargo – United States
- NRW Bank – Germany
If you are ready to start your search for a Pasadena home and need to be pre-approved email me for a list of top lenders in Pasadena.