When you thought you couldn’t love Pasadena more, they decide to have five days dedicated to cheeseburgers! From Sunday, January 8 to Friday, January 13 gather up your friends and loved ones and head out on a cheeseburger crawl!! There are 40 participating restaurants so you’ll have plenty to choose from. A recommendation is to order one burger, split between 4 people and move on the next place….but don’t forget to order fries and drinks with that.
As you are eating your way though Pasadena, remember to vote for your favorite burger! The challenge opens January 8 and ends January 15.
Here are some suggested crawls:
- South Lake Avenue Cheeseburger Crawl
- Start at 140 Shoppers Lane for The Counter’s Chipotle Chicken Burger
- then head across the street and through the courtyard, you’ll find SECO New American Cuisine (140 South Lake Avenue) where you can taste their American Wagyu Burger or Wood Grilled Cheeseburger
- across Lake Avenue and up a block, you find Del Frisco’s Grille (55 South Lake Avenue) for a Butcher Cut Bacon Cheeseburger, delicious with a cocktail, beer or soft drink
- finish up at Urban Plates at 269 South Lake Avenue for their delicious grass fed steak sandwich.
- Traditional Cheeseburger Crawl
- Begin at Pasadena’s favorite burger stand, Pie ‘n Burger at 913 East California Boulevard for a classic grilled burger
- Stop by Du-pars at 214 South Lake Avenue for one of their great burgers
- then head up to Dog Haus (105 North Hill Avenue) for their traditional Cheeseburger (or something more dramatic);
- then finish up at Clearman’s Galley (the Boat) at 7215 Rosemead Boulevard in nearby San Gabriel.
- Old Pasadena Cheeseburger Crawl
- Begin at a/k/a Bistro (41 Hugus Alley) for their delicious Grilled Certified Angus Burger (great with a cocktail, beer or soft drink);
- Then cross Colorado to Kings Row Gastropub (20 East Colorado) where chef Sunny has created a couple of special burgers just for Cheeseburger Week;
- head west on Colorado to True Food Kitchen at 170 West Colorado for their inside out Quinoa Burger;
- finish up at Meat District Company, two blocks north on Raymond where you can enjoy a cheeseburger and a beer for $15.
- White Table Cloth Cheeseburger Crawl
- Start at Smitty’s Grill at 110 South Lake Avenue for a Smokehouse Burger
- then head to Old Pasadena and Vertical Wine Bistro at 70 North Raymond Avenue to hit the bar for sliders (and a great glass of wine to go with),
- next visit Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse and Wine Bar for some truly delicious Prime Burger that you’ll find on the bar and lunch menu
- finish up at a Pasadena favorite: Green Street Restaurant on Shopper’s Lane (just a block off Lake Avenue) for the All-American Burger or one of their other specialty creations.
- Dedicate a Driver and Take A Craft Beer and Cheeseburger Crawl
- Start out at Colorado Boulevard to Lucky Baldwin’s Trappiste Pub at 1770 East Colorado Boulevard
- Next stop is Dog Haus Biergarten in Old Pasadena for a terrific selection of brews and burgers
- then head west down Colorado Boulevard to King’s Row Gastropub where some special burgers and great beers await
- finish up in Old Pasadena at Slater’s 50/50 where you can savor a number of craft burgers while enjoying a great variety of brews.
- Follow your hungry heart and create your own Cheeseburger Crawl!
Whatever you do, make sure you celebrate Cheeseburger Week with lots of fries and have fun!
MORE INFO: www.pasadenarestaurantweek.com
Photo Courtesy of Slater’s 50/50
UPDATED 1/20/2017 – Results from the Cheeseburger Challenge
- Dog Haus/Dog Haus Biergarten 21%
- The Counter & Pie ‘n Burger (tie) 12%
- True Food Kitchen & Umami Burger (tie) 8%
- Pie ‘n Burger 42%%
- The Counter 32%%
- Clearman’s Galley (The Boat) 13%
- Pie ‘n Burger 28%%
- Dog Haus (Hill Avenue) 23%
- The Counter 17%
- Dog Haus (Hill Avenue) 34%
- Kings Row Gastropub 18%
- The Counter 14%
- Kings Row Gastropub 33%
- Smitty’s Grill 18%
- Del Frisco’s Grille & Whole Foods Market (Arroyo) (tie) 9%
- Umami Burger Ahi Tuna Burger 27%
- True Food Kitchen Quinoa Burger 13%
- Big Daddy’s Lamb Burger & a/k/a Bistro Portobello Mushroom Burger (tie) 9%
- Umami Burger 32%
- Pie ‘n Burger 18%
- Green Street Restaurant 15%
- Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse and Wine Bar 35%
- Green Street Restaurant 21%
- Central Park Restaurant & Del Frisco’s Grille (tie) 12%
- Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse and Wine Bar 30%
- True Food Kitchen 19%
- Caliburger & Tom’s Family Restaurant (tie) 16%
- Dog Haus Biergarten 28%
- Kings Row Gastropub 19%
- Clearman’s Galley & Lucky Baldwin’s 14%
- Umami Burger 27%
- The Counter & True Food Kitchen (tie) 20%
- Pie ‘n Burger 12%
- Dog Haus Biergarten 34%
- Kings Row Gastropub 20%
- Lucky Baldwin’s 16%
- Pie ‘n Burger 36%
- POP Champagne and Dessert Bar 16%
- Twohey’s 11%
- Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse and Wine Bar % Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse 19%
- Smitty’s Grill 14%
- POP Champagne and Dessert Bar 12%
Visit 365 Things To Do In Pasadena® for more fun activities in Pasadena California and surrounding neighborhoods. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram!
If you are interested in selling your home, call Irina Netchaev at 626-627-7107 for a private consultation.