Pasadena History Museum will be hosting the city of Pasadena birthday on Sunday June 3!
This exciting and free family event will be filled with music by Gypsy Jambo, activity stations, monster make-up demonstrations, face painting, balloon art and most importantly, CAKE! The theme of the celebration is in line with the Museum’s exhibition, Dreaming the Universe: The Intersection of Science, Fiction, & Pasadena, so don’t be surprised to see robots and Star Wars Stromtroopers at the party. The best part….you can dress up as your favorite science fiction characters, if you’d like to!
Festivities begin at 1:00 pm and ends at 4:00 pm. The official cake cutting ceremony with Mayor Terry Tornek, City Council members, and other VIPs will take place at 2:00 pm, with special thanks to Signature Cake Sponsor, Baja Ranch Supermarket.
The afternoon will offer a wide variety of engaging opportunities:
- Eat cake!
- Visit the Dreaming the Universe exhibition and the Finnish Folk Art Museum;
- Hobnob with the Mayor and other City dignitaries;
- Watch science fiction monsters come to life in the Makeup Demo studio;
- Enjoy performances of otherworldly music by Gyspy Jambo!;
- Create your own robot in Art 2 Go’s crafts workshop;
- Enhance your “look” at our Face Painting station;
- Marvel at the wizardry of Mind-Blowing Balloons while they make something special just for you;
- Get to know some Stormtroopers – don’t miss this photo op;
- Visit our Event Partners for special activities at each station.
WHAT: Happy Birthday Pasadena: Wish Upon A Star!
WHEN: Sunday, June 3, 1:00 – 4:00 pm
WHERE: Pasadena Museum of History, 470 W. Walnut St. (corner Walnut St. and Orange Grove Blvd.), Pasadena 91103.
TICKETS: Admission and Parking are Free.
MORE INFO: www.pasadenahistory.org or call 626-577-1660, ext. 10.
If you are interested in selling your home, call Irina Netchaev at 626-627-7107 for a private consultation.