I am looking for one very sharp assistant to join my Pasadena Views real estate team. We are located in Old Pasadena on Green Street.
While I would prefer a licensed assistant, I will consider non-real estate licensed applicants as well. The majority of the work, about 80%, is office based. The other 20% of the time, you will be helping with out of the office errands. The hours are, to a great deal, flexible.
I’m very flexible about:
Hours Most of the work will be done from the office about 6 to 8 hours a day, although some weekend and potentially evening work will be required (occasional showings and open houses on the weekends)
Background It doesn’t matter to me what educational or career background you have, the skills and personal characteristics are the key to this position. Real estate, technology and marketing knowledge are a plus with the ideal candidate having a real estate, escrow, title and/or banking background.
Language The only language that is a must have, is excellent written and spoken English. Additional languages are a bonus, but not required.
I’m not very flexible about:
Technology My business is very much based on using the most cutting edge technology. While I wouldn’t expect you to have specific technological knowledge about the programs I currently use, a love and understanding of techy/geeky things is extremely important. Mac, HTML and a few other things are bonuses. Graphic Design skills and Video Editing – major plus, but absolutely NOT a requirement!
Customer Service and Communication We are unique in that we try to create the best real estate experience for our customers. Customer Service is one of the key elements separating us from the competition. You need to be courteous and understanding from the first greeting to the close of the transaction and beyond. We do everything necessary to ensure each customer leaves with a lasting impression of our care and professionalism. A smile is a prerequisite for this job!
Attention to Detail I am a demon when it comes to details and would expect my assistant to be one as well so that I can focus on strategy and macro processes. My assistant will help me implement my ideas and put systems around them so that we work as a well-oiled machine. This is the key to our success as a team. I think in the abstract and I think 3-6 months down the road. My assistant needs to think in the micro and in the day and week.
Self Starter You have to have a passion and drive to get the job done, to do it well and to push the envelope. I will train you on everything, but you will be my number one person to execute the office side of the business.
Organized I have systems for almost EVERYTHING and everything needs to be in it’s place and the systems followed. I am great at building the systems, but would need you to implement them and tweak them. You would also be looking for opportunities to streamline and build new systems, as needed.
I don’t do Lazy I don’t do lazy and I don’t expect my assistant to do it either. There is NEVER downtime in this business as there is always more to do, so lazy doesn’t cut it. Basically, if you are just looking for a J.O.B. this is not going to be the right position.
And finally, you have to be local, meaning that you live in or around Pasadena.
In a nutshell, the ideal candidate has excellent written and verbal English skills, loves technology, is very detail oriented and has a driving passion to get things done well and efficiently. You must also not be afraid of the phone. You will be following up on internet leads and taking calls from potential customers and other real estate agents. You should also be comfortable showing property or holding open houses, but these activities are to assist me, the candidate will not have their own real estate activities. I am not really looking for someone who wants to build their own real estate business, I am looking for someone who prefers the office and computer work and the ability to have a flexible schedule.
The candidate can expect this position to pay anywhere from $10 to $12 an hour with potential for bonus. You are part of a team and the more you put into the team, the more it will return back to you.
If you think that you’re a good fit, please send me a resume and a statement as to why this position would fit you and how you see yourself contributing to the team. Please feel free to go into as much detail as you’d like. If you are interested, please email me here.
A short bit about me: I’m 90% nice and 10% not nice. The 10% comes out when I’m stressed. That’s why I need you, to keep things running smoothly. I work hard and I am very motivated and driven, I expect the things that need to get done to get done. Read more about our team at our Pasadena Views Real Estate Page here.
Photo by abductit.