Some of the most beautiful plants in our area, in my opinion are the Wistaria (also, spelled Wisteria!) Wistaria is a woody climbing vine seen around Pasadena and surrounding neighborhoods. And, to showcase the Wistaria, Sierra Madre is having their annual Wisteria Festival TODAY!
The 2011 Wistaria Vine Festival will showcase the World’s largest blossoming plant and will feature over 150 local artisans!
Shuttles will be taking folks to view these beautiful blossoms between 9 am until 4 pm. For a round trip to the Vine site, tickets are required and can be purchased in advance here or on-site when you get there.. They are $10 each (pre-sale) or $12 on day of event, and $7 for students and seniors. Kids under 5 are free.
Annual Wistaria Festival and Village celebration will take place where else, but in the Sierra Madre Village!
WHEN: Today, March 20, 2011
Vine viewing: 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Art & Garden Faire: 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
WHERE: Sierra Madre – East of Pasadena, northwest of Arcadia. Take Foothill freeway (210) to Baldwin Avenue off-ramp; Go north one mile to Sierra Madre Boulevard for Festivities, shuttle buses, information and parking.
Limited handicapped parking on the southeast corner of Baldwin and Montecito. Baldwin Ave. north will be closed at Sierra Madre Blvd., so make a right, go to the first stop at Mountain Trail, go north (left) to Montecito, go left to Baldwin.
For updated Wistaria Festival info., call 626-355-5111. For Wistaria Festival related questions, e-mail [email protected]
* Tickets: Required to enter vine-viewing grounds. Shuttle ticket serves as entry ticket, if not riding shuttle, walk-in ticket is required.
* Advance reservations required; tickets limited
* Shuttle buses (optional; however, walk is one mile uphill, between downtown Sierra Madre and Wistaria Vine).
* Order Shuttle Tickets Online
* $10/person pre-sale, $12 per person day of event; Seniors and kids 6 – 16, $7, age 5 and under free (price is the same, whether you go one way or round trip, no refunds or exchanges)
* Make check payable to Sierra Madre Chamber of Commerce
* Include check with your request for vine-viewing tickets
* State your preferred hour between 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., as well as an alternate time;
Note: Grounds are on private property; access incompatible for people with limited mobility; call 626-355-5111 for more information. Wheelchairs, strollers not allowed.
Sierra Madre Downtown (Village) will host the following festivities:
* Art & Garden Faire, 150+ juried artisans, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
* Village restaurants featuring indoor and outdoor dining
* Student art sale at the Creative Arts Group
* Live music featuring musical acts in outdoor locations
* Special Wistaria Festival US Postal Stamp cancellation
* Some of Sierra Madre’s historic sites – Lizzie’s Trail Inn, E. Waldo Wards, the Richardson House,
* Memorial Park Fun ‘n Food
* Free Gateway Coach shuttle from Gold Line (Sierra Madre Villa Station) to and from Sierra Madre
Don’t miss it! And, share your photos with us!
Visit 365 Things To Do In Pasadena® for more fun activities in Pasadena California and surrounding neighborhoods.