Halloween Fun & Treats for the Kids!
Looking for some fun Halloween family activities for your little ghouls and goblins ? We know Day 141 was geared toward the “Big Kids”. So, we have decided to dedicate Day 143 of 365 Things to do in Pasadena to our little monsters. 😉
READ MORE: Enter our Pumpkin Carving Contest Here
Be sure to be on the lookout for the first Peanut’s special of the season, It’s the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown!
*Check your local listings for show times.
Kidspace 16th Annual Pumpkin Festival:
Taking place Saturday and Sunday October 9th & 10th from 9:30-5:30 p.m.
There is no charge for entrance into the festival, individual tickets will be sold for specific activities such as: Face painting, petting zoo, cookie decorating, train rides, carnival games, and much more! Don’t miss this great pumpkin festival weekend. For additional information please visit The Kidspace Children’s Museum website.
Boo at the Zoo!
Saturday and Sunday October 30th & 31st from 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Have a safe and spooky Halloween with at Boo at the L.A. Zoo! Eucalyptus Grove will become a giant Pumpkin Patch with jack-o-lantern carving, photo opportunities, and eerie crafts. The Creepy Creature Encounter at the Winnick Family Children’s Zoo will feature trick-or-treating, a chance to get up close with some creepy crawly creatures, and Halloween entertainment. All activities are free to GLAZA members and with paid Zoo admission. For additional information please visit the La Zoo & Botanical Garden website.
Ghost Train @Griffith Park:
This scaled-down kid-size Halloween train ride is decorated with spooky scenes during October, providing you with family-friendly way to enjoy Halloween in Los Angeles!
It will run select dates in October from 7:00 – 10:00 p.m. Suggested donation is $7.00 per person.
For additional information please visit The Los Angeles Live Steamers Railroad Museum Website.
If you know of a great family Halloween activity taking place in a city near you be sure to post and share the details with us!
More Kid Safe Halloween Fun Info:
PLAY IT SAFE AT CITY OF PASADENA-SPONSORED HALLOWEEN EVENTS
Halloween is a fun-filled holiday for people of all ages. City of Pasadena-sponsored events provide safe activities for a howling good time! Events are free unless otherwise noted.
* Monday, Oct. 25, at 3:30 p.m. – Flights of Fantasy Story Theatre presents “Monsters and Spiders and Ghouls, Oh My,” a frothy brew of folk tales, fables and rhymes at Santa Catalina Branch Library, 999 E. Washington Blvd. (626) 744-7272.
* Tuesday, Oct. 26, at 10 a.m. – Children ages 8 and older will experience mystery and magic during Chilling Tales in the Children’s Room at Pasadena Central Library, 285 E. Walnut St. (626) 744-4045.
* Tuesday, Oct. 26, at 4 p.m. – What’s more fun than sharing scary stories that everyone swears are true? Youths 12 and older are invited to Urban Legends at Hastings Branch Library, 3325 E. Orange Grove Blvd., to hear some of these eerie stories, understand why we tell them and learn what they really say about us! (626) 744-4045.
* Wednesday, Oct. 27, at 10:30 a.m. – Children and their parents will enjoy a not-so-scary storytime plus crafts and surprises at San Rafael Branch Library, 1240 Nithsdale Rd. Be sure to wear your costume! (626) 744-7270.
* Wednesday, Oct. 27, at 3:30 p.m. – “Monsters and Spiders and Ghouls, Oh My!” is offered again by Flights of Fantasy Story Theatre at Hill Avenue Branch Library, 55 S. Hill Ave. (626) 744-7264.
* Thursday, Oct. 28, at 3:30 p.m. – Children and their parents will enjoy a special Halloween storytime, including crafts, at Lamanda Park Branch Library, 140 S. Altadena Dr. Be sure to wear your costume! (626) 744-7266.
* Friday, Oct. 29, from 5 to 7 p.m. – The Halloween celebration at Villa-Parke Community Center, 363 E. Villa St., will include grab bags, pumpkin-carving contest, prizes and much more. Wear your costume! Sponsored by the Human Services and Recreation Department and the Police Department. (626) 744-6523.
* Saturday, Oct. 30, at 10 a.m. – A not-so-spooky storytime and crafts in the Children’s Room at Pasadena Central Library, 285 E. Walnut St., will delight children and their parents. Be sure to wear your costume! (626) 744-4045.
* Saturday, Oct. 30, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. – The Halloween festival at Robinson Park, 1081 N. Fair Oaks Ave., will include arts and crafts, moon bounce, face painting, treats, costume contest, prizes and more. Sponsored by the Human Services and Recreation Department and the Police Department. (626) 744-7305.
* Saturday, Oct. 30, from 5 to 8 p.m. – The Victory Park Haunted House and Festival at 2575 Paloma St. will offer a spine-chilling evening of fun, including carnival games, arts and crafts, costume contest and much more for ages 8 and older. Younger children will enjoy the Scary Patio! Admission to Haunted House is $2; tickets for carnival games are 10 for $1; all other activities are free. Sponsored by the Human Services and Recreation Department. (626) 744-7507.
Visit 365 Things To Do In Pasadena® for more fun activities in Pasadena California and surrounding neighborhoods.