This is the official property listing website for 852 New York Drive in Altadena, California. If you are interested in this home, this page will provide you with the latest information available.
Beautifully landscaped, gated front yard with a water feature welcomes you to this 1920s period home full of character and charm. A light filled living room with tons of casement windows features a Batchelder-style fireplace, built-ins and opens to a formal dining room leading to the gourmet kitchen. Both rooms offer french doors, crown moldings and high ceilings. Perfect for entertaining, the kitchen showcases granite counters, center island, farm sink, period lighting and tons of storage space.
Two bedrooms are on the main floor serviced by a fully renovated bathroom. Master suite has a gorgeous, renovated bath with an oversize spa like shower and towel warming rack, beautiful windows, custom closet and access to the roof with spectacular San Gabriel mountain views. Utility room off of the kitchen has been updated with extra cabinets and bar counter with easy access to washer & dryer area. Backyard is a true retreat with a newly installed(2019) salt water pool, landscaping and hardscaping. Garage can be used as an artist’s retreat, office or as intended.
This home has copper plumbing, (2014) central AC and (2019) central heat throughout along with a mini split AC in the master (2019), solar panels, air scrubber, new wood floors (2019) throughout and new paint. With easy access to hiking trails, public transportation and freeways, Altadena is unique in its location, diversity, and depth of community. As a city of trees, Altadena is calming, family-friendly and historical.
|Interior Square Feet:||1,722 sq. ft. per assessor|
|Lot Size:||6,064 sq. ft. per assessor|
Interview with the Sellers:
We bought the house based on its pure character but we loved the ‘home’ because we finished raising a family there and made it our own oasis. It is a unique style and structure with several remaining features from each generation that touched it. It holds a special place in the neighborhood. Our retreat (pool and backyard) will be missed – every day. It is a place of calm in a city that has everything.
No one likes commuting but Altadena makes this less of a burden with easy access to public transportation and freeways – without being crowded. Altadena is unique in its location, diversity, view of the beautiful San Gabriel mountains and depth of community yet still accessible. As a city of trees, Altadena is calming, family-friendly and at times historical.
- Why are you selling your home? We wanted to be closer to family.
- How long have you lived here? 14 years
- What improvements have you made since you purchased the home? Addition of pool (salt water) 2019, solar panels 2019 all new HVAC and ducts (AC 2014, heater 2019) , mini split AC upstairs 2019, air scrubber 2017, cabinets and bar counter in the utility room, all new floors throughout 2019, complete renovation of bathrooms
- What originally attracted you to this home? Charming historic architecture. Home is 100 years old.
- What do you like about the neighborhood? Small town feel. We know all of the neighbors.
- Where do you shop? – Aldi on Lake. Grocery Outlook on Lake. Ralph’s in Hastings Ranch.
- What providers do you use for cable and internet? AT&T. Spectrum is also available.
- Are there any special neighborhood specific events? St. Elizabeth’s Spring Carnival.
- Which park do you go to? Dog park? – Rosebowl Loop for walking and people watching.
- Any special hiking or outside activities that are close to your home? North on Lake to the very top to Cobb Estate, fantastic hiking!
- Any recommended restaurants in the area and what do you love about them? Everest, casual, better than fast food. AltaEats, close to home, fantastic food at reasonable prices. Fox’s, breakfast and dinner small town feel and friendly.